View Single Post
Old 06-18-20, 11:17 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
My new daughter in law is learning to enjoy what our family enjoys. After all, she even took our family name. My kid (who wants to be called my kid, not my daughter or son) bought her this 1980s Ironman with the small front wheel. It's a fantastic replica of the old Terry design. Daughter in law doesn't like drop handlebars, so I put on upright bars for her. She left the bike here and will be back to ride it around here. I sent her the pictures, and she loves it but hasn't tried it yet in this form. I took a little test ride, and it's like riding a kid's bike for me, with my knees hitting the handlebars. Interestingly, she's unsure of herself on a bike but has no trouble whatsoever with the toe clips. I told her I would remove them for her, but she's fine with them.

Working on the bike, I was impressed with the high quality of the 105 components. Some components WANT to be worked on.

Eventually, I will figure out which shifters to put on the handlebars. I think I have some 3x7 twist shifters I can install, if I can just find them. Upright bars and down-tube shifters are not a great mix.

upright bars and barcons mix well. V.o. has a few with 23.8 diameter.