View Single Post
Old 06-23-20, 08:27 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1607 Post(s)
Liked 2,213 Times in 1,103 Posts
I have been having fun learning about 2nd gen Ergo's. I purchased two sets one day apart.

The first set were Chorus and it was a desperate move to get the De Rosa project completed. It has had a couple of issues including bottom bracket selection, brake mounting issues, FD not correct, etc. The last item to buy were a set of Ergos. The Chorus set looked OK on the pictures from the seller but after receiving them, I was disappointed in the amount of damage covered by the hoods. Although the right lever worked, it only worked through the first 6-7 positions using the back lever. Beyond that the lever worked but the thumb lever would return the selection all the way back to position one. Tear down time. Found the G spring retainer was broken in two places. I decided it was appropriate to examine the left as well. The body was dramatically damaged from being ground down. Parts were arded and arrived yesterday. Oh and the seller refunded about 35%.

The second set was offered by a very generous BF'r who sold me a set of Record with the right side in parts. Included were new hoods and G springs. Cleaned both sides up, lubed, assembled and they work very well without being cables.

Needless to say, i am well experienced with how to disassemble and assemble 2nd gen Ergo's. The only difference between Chorus and Record appear to be the nomenclature on the levers. Both sets have ball bearing for the pivot shafts. A replacement of the left body came with "QS Micron" on the front. it is identical to the "BB System" body. I think the 2nd get bodies are all the same but the internals may have changed.

Put this pic in "What came in the post..."
P1030435, on Flickr

Bagged all the parts for the Chorus since the Records are going on the bike. I need to decide what to do with the Chorus set. Spare parts for now.