View Single Post
Old 11-18-20, 08:42 AM
tpadul 

Bikes: 1984 Sekai 5000 Superbe, 1987 Raleigh Seneca Mountain Tour, 1984 Schwinn World Sport, 1978 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2021 Handsome She Devil, Mystery Vintage purple road bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
Nice find. It also came with some period correct goodies. Rhode Gear Flickstand, Blackburn rack, Cannondale Velcro water bottle holder, of course, toe clips and leather straps It looks like it still has the original tires on it.

These US made Schwinns are excellent values. This is a double butted main frame and these bikes ride well. I think some people don't realize how good they are. Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone and keep it our secret. The paint on the Mississippi made Schwinn's is not that durable. Especially compared to Chicago Schwinn's. Yours looks excellent though. The decals have cracked from age. Not much you can do about that. Clean it up and ride it. A lot.

Perhaps you can post a picture when it is cleaned up. Or not so clean, but out on the road or trail.
So how can I go about preserving what’s left of the decals without more of the decals flaking off? I have noticed that while the paint on the frame is in great shape the paint job is very dull and I would like to give the frame a wax but I’m afraid more detailing of the frame and waxing it will virtually flake off what’s left of the decals?

Was this Super Le Tour built in their Mississippi plant?

oh and the tubes still hold air!!! So I’ll just need to get new tires and new bar tape and I have another Selle Royal seat to swap out.

Last edited by tpadul; 11-18-20 at 09:07 AM.