Old 02-22-21, 04:56 PM
5 mph

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 50 Posts
What Bicycling Rules do you follow that Experience has taught you?

What Bicycling Rules do you follow that Experience has taught you? Maybe I can learn.
I have three of my own.:
  • When running parallel to traffic, never rely on a Mirror to try to cross the road (or highway) with a quick darting swoop , even if you are sure your Mirror says you are safe. Come to dead stop, turn your bike 90 degrees and get eyes on the Traffic.
  • In case the unthinkable happens, I hang an ID card with Emergency Information right on my handlebar and another on my Jacket. I don't even carry a wallet. That way, should I do the opposite of winning the Lottery, no one has to rifle through your layers of clothes to find out your Medical Information.
  • Never go down a steep hill in a Bike Lane facing oncoming Traffic, should you get caught in that circumstance. The oncoming traffic may unnerve you as you start your high speed run (unless you are Tom Cruise) and if its a tiny skinny bike lane you may even lose control.
  • Bring sneakers with you if you are using cleated bike shoes. Because I've walked or run some 17 miles this year when I didn't have the right tool or part.

Last edited by 5 mph; 02-22-21 at 04:59 PM.
Likes For 5 mph: