View Single Post
Old 06-30-21, 03:59 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Helderberg
I was riding today, it was in the 90's with high humidity, and at about mile 12 two dogs started chasing me. Now they were two Chihuahua so no big deal but it got me thinking. I was climbing a long grade, not going much over 9 mph, what if this had been a Doberman or a Pitbull? How do you people handle large aggressive dogs that chase you and want to rip you apart? I was laughing while it was happening but in hindsight, it could have gotten very ugly. And yes, I need to lose some weight and train to climb faster, I know.
Thanks in advance, Frank.
Each case is different. If you are doing 20 mph down a slight grade, it is probably easy to get beyond the dog's territory. Going uphill is a different story.

On a 4500 mile bike race, I got to the top of a long, steep climb in Kentucky at around 11 pm or maybe Midnight. Three dogs greated me. One was a Pit. This was one of the scariest moments of my life. I would describe my preferred approach but the kind, gentle moderators would take note. People who say spray water are stupid.
Likes For GhostRider62: