View Single Post
Old 07-10-21, 02:01 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
The page numbers being off is an error that has been around for quite some time, and is related to deleted posts in some of the longer threads.

For example:
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...y-ads-815.html

Currently lists 816 pages, but only has 815 pages. Clicking on "Last Page" takes one to 815. Likewise, changing the page number in the address bar to anything greater than 815 will take one to the 815 page.

The "Default" appears to be 25 posts per page.
I tried changing my setting to 30 posts per page, and was unable to replicate what you found (PC/firefox).

Is it possible you're hitting a caching (somewhere) issue?

I often like to simply change page numbers in my address bar. If I put in a number past the current number of pages (say 10+ past), and repeatedly use that number, I've found that the system often will keep taking me to the same page number, even if the last page count is increased. If I vary the page number I use, then I go to the last page. This indicates that somewhere the link to the last page is cached.
Well, the Last Page link worked before the 4th. The same thing happens with the "First Unread" link. It happens on multiple browsers, multiple machines; that doesn't rule out caching, but it puts it low on the suspect list.

When you set your posts-per-page to 30, and float your mouse over the last-page link for Wacky World, what page number appears in the link? I get 680.