ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Still weird the 44 feels bigger but I measured from the top outside to outside.

Oh another question.

So I had a 9 spd cassette on the super teams. I had a spacer behind the cassette. I pulled the 10 spd cassette off the bontrager wheels to put on the super team wheels. I noticed it had a spacer but it was smaller than the spacer behind the 9 spd cassette. This made sense in my mind, the 10 speed is larger so smaller spacer.

Well when I mounted the wheel, it shifted like garbage, while before it was on the bontrager wheels it shifted fine. So I pulled the cassette off and put the 9 spd spacer behind the 10 spd cassette and mounted the wheel. Now it shifted better but not perfect. I adjusted the rear derailer and now it shifts almost perfectly, one cog acts weird 30 percent of the time.

Thoughts on the spacer delima?
Put it back on with the correct spacer. You will need to adjust the low limit screw. Then readjust the cable tension for smooth shifting. And possibly high limit.
is the shifter 10 speed or 9 speed? If you are using a cassette that doesn't match the shifter. The cable pull will be different than what is required for the cassette. By the time you shift 3 or 4 gears you will out enough to make noise.

EDIT. 6 SPEED through 9 speed is 1.7 ratio 10 speed is 1.2 ratio. Per 1mm cable travel 6 to 9 speed moves thexrear derailluer 1.7 mm. 10 speed per 1mm cable movement moves the rear derailluer 1.2mm. You are off .5 mm per shift. That's quite a bit of difference.

Last edited by ls01; 04-04-23 at 06:37 AM.