Old 05-21-14, 12:48 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by halcyon100
Thanks for the amusing thread! I sympathize, though, I have terrible eyesight and astigmatism. I used to wear contacts, but none are comfortable now and I am stuck with glasses. Not a candidate for surgery either. I find that having a raised stem, ?
My pleasure.

I am finding that I can get down lower lately, and am looking for a longer lower stem for improved aero position rather than a higher one. I did not need the glasses at first.

Originally Posted by halcyon100
Croakies retainer strap on regular glasses, helps me see ahead, even in the drops. Of course, I am not racing nor am I very aero - I have some back issues, so I've got spacers and a raised stem... The Croakies strap does allow more sweat to get on your glasses and for fogging to occur. Still, I would be too self-conscious to wear the glasses in your picture. Do your glasses fog up a lot?
They do fog up a bit, generally at the bottom though, so it is not a problem.

I do find that there is a bit of a problem with sweat running into my eyes. Eyebrows evolved, I believe, at least in part, to catch the sweat rolling down our foreheads and then evaporate the same from those curly hairs before it runs into our eyes. Since my eyebrows are behind the screen of my goofy glasses, less wind hits them so I get more sweat-in-eyes problems than with normal glasses, especially if I use them and do not get down low. If I use the glasses properly, i.e. with the lens facing somewhat down, then enough air comes over the top to prevent problems. It is not a big issue though, and occurs I guess with sports sunglasses too. Also, this is more of an issue for me since I am bald, my sweat does not evaporate from my head much either. I don't have issues when I am wearing a hat thing like that deceased Italian "pirate," RIP.

Last edited by timtak; 05-21-14 at 05:27 AM.