View Single Post
Old 04-01-16, 02:41 PM
gsa103

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito (Celeste, of course)

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill1227
* I would greatly appreciate posting actual weights of the Giant ToughRoad along with frame size and what is included in the weight example - with peddles, with bottle cages etc.

* Back in this thread someone else asked and one reply said " I think mine is 28 pounds". If so, that seems quite portly to me for a rigid carbon fork 29'er and yet it may well be the case , as it appears by the available racks front and rear versions, it is built for fully loaded touring (front , rear panniers +++). So the wheels, frame etc. may be quite stout.
I'll have to weigh mine at some point, but 28 lbs has got to be the weight with racks, etc. I've got the SLR 2, which doesn't have that, it feels more like lower ~23 lbs. You could certainly get lighter, but that's mainly component choices.

I've had mine a while now. No regrets on it. I'm still debating if I want to upgrade the brakes to get the one-finger lever shape, but the brakes are still flawless. Overall, I lose ~3 mph commuting compared with my road bike, but that's not too surprising, considering that the comparison is a ~16lb carbon bike with 23mm race tires. The nice part is that I can just bomb off curbs and through dirt, instead of picking lines carefully on the road bike.