Old 08-15-21, 05:19 AM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
I was advised the Eroica California website has been reviewed and updated (mostly) by US biking member/representative/judge Bob Freitas, and now Concours registration for all classes and display bikes is open, see link - you must have an Eroica account and sign in to access. Note the concours appears to be outdoors at a paved venue so everyone will need to bring a functional bike stand (not sure why they would later still suggest a “stake” since that would damage a paved parking lot area).

https://eroica.cc/en/california/concours-d-elegance-eroica-california

The annual Concours d'Elegance at Eroica California will take place on Saturday, September 18th, 2021.

The annual Concours d'Elegance at Eroica California will take place on Saturday, September 18th, 2021. This event showcases the best vintage Road Racing, Track Racing and Randonneur bicycles (i.e. Alex Singer, Rene Herse, Toei, must be shown without the panniers) owned by Eroica participants and collectors.

Spectators are welcome. Riders must provide their own ground-level bike stand. The Concours venue is on asphalt, please bring a stand or stake as appropriate. If it rains, the venue will be moved to the Cambria Vets Hall. In that case please be prepared with a stand that will work indoors. *No Persons #2 stands.

Concours classifications:

• Class 1: Original Vintage Bicycles up to 1955*

• Class 2: Original Vintage Bicycles from 1956 to 1987*

• Class 3: Restored Vintage Bicycles up to 1987**

• Class 4: Display only***

Bike Submission

Interested parties must fill in the information listed on the concours registration page on our website and include at least 2 clear side view photos of each bicycle with a brief description. If there is a historical significance (race history, prototype, famous owner, etc.) to the bicycle please include it in the description. A panel of experts will screen the entries. If for some reason your entry is denied you will receive an email from us. Please note: Photos submitted by entrants will become property of Eroica California.

Read Regulation

Please Notea) For information about bicycles please read our Regulation 6.

b) The event organizer will provide the simple bike stand for the entries and our staff will indicate your position on the field.

c) If you prefer to use your own stand (ground level stand only) you may do so.

d) The show area is an outdoor grass field in the park maintained by the city.

e) If we have a weather issue on the day of the show we will hold the show inside the large registration tent.

f) If you have any questions or comments please contact us via email; freitas1@pacbell.net
REGISTER NOW link: https://www.myeroica.cc/login/login.php?lang=EN

<<The above link takes one to the Eroica.cc login page. Once logged in I did see Concours and display options to sign up for.

There does seem to be some slight conflicting statements here (asphalt vs later saying grass,simple stand provided vs bring your own, etc. so again an inquiry will be sent to Bob.

Oddly (or an oversight) the Festival info still shows 2020 but many of the items have obviously been revised. I still have questions regarding how the pre-race dinner will work given the current COVID situation so I put an inquiry in. For now, I’d consider the below schedule as dynamic, they mention modifications may still happen, to me understandable given the need to be rapidly adaptable.>>

https://eroica.cc/en/california/festival-california

Eroica California is pleased to announce our event program for 2020, and it will not disappoint.

There will be an activity for all ages, and we cannot wait to host you and your family here on the central coast in September. We will continue to add to our program between now and September, so stay tuned for more exciting news as we approach the most anticipated cycling weekend of the year.

FRIDAY

9:00 – 19:30 Festival & Vendors Area Open

9:30 – 13:00 Registration Pick Up

15:00 – 19:00 Registration Pick up (Nova Eroica Only)

17:47 – 21:00 Sunset Ride Start

18:30 Linn’s Farm Dinner

19:30 Festival & Vendors Area Close

20:30 Ride Back to Festival Ground

SATURDAY

6:30 – 8:00 Registration pick up (Nova Eroica Only)

8:00 Nova Eroica roll out to Cayucos

9:00 – 19:00 Festival and Vendors Area Open

9:30 Official Nova Eroica Start at Cayucos Pier

9:45 – 19:00 Registration Pick Up (Classic Ride)

10:00 – 12:00 Concours d’Elegance

11:00 – 13:30 Eroica World & Sponsor Press Conference

15:00 – 17:00 Stage Activity – Nova Awards Ceremony

18:30 – 21:30 Eroica Dinner (CENA)

19:00 Festival & Vendors Area Close

SUNDAY

5:00 – 8:30 Registration Pickup

6:30 – 7:00 Heroic Route Start

7:00 – 7:30 La Via della Scalatore Route Start

8:00 – 9:00 Piedras Blancas & Santa Lucia Route Start”

<< I note the revised start times, especially the later Santa Lucia route. In 2019 Eroica did not force us to start on time and for slowpokes like me, I needed all the time I could get so I started with the Heroic riders. There may be logistical reasons (sufficient food and water for everyone at rest stops for example) so trying to spread everyone out especially on the three rides with common stops at at least three points would be a valid concern. Again, I’ll check on this too.

The Friday Sunset Ride, Linn’s Farm dinner, and ride back into town is new to me, don’t know if it’s open to all or not but certainly sounds like fun if available. But if crowded, then be prepared IMO for appropriate risk management. >>

Bart

Last edited by mech986; 08-15-21 at 05:23 AM.