TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 765 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by sebasbike
my usual way to start is just doing 5-6 laps at a fast pace, my legs usually die so i stop for around 10 mins then do it again, i repeat for like 4-5 times. i dont know if that is considered training and i know i started fairly recently ago but i do want to make the best of my time there.

also kind of a dumb question but my bike is a 54 and i think its a size to big on me, will this affect my "comfort" down the line or is it good?
The proper way to do endurance interval training, is to first warm up at a slow pace, and then gradually build up the effort until you max out. Suddenly starting fast guarantees that you will build up lactic acid quickly and not be able to go for as long, before taking a break. It would also be helpful if you wore a heart monitor, so that you can establish your fitness zones. You want to set your workouts based on time, not distance. As your fitness improves, you will be able to go faster longer, while maintaining the same target heart rate.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Likes For TejanoTrackie: