rgvg
Car free since 2018

Bikes: Mostly japanese ones

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 134 Posts
20kms today on my brother's bike.

School that was named after one of my relatives. That was a long time ago and I don't know anyone who is involved in politics now.

Solar power plant at the outskirts of town. I had no idea there was one here, though I haven't been through here in a very long time. Is it progress? I don't know.

I used to think this was all there was to the city. Farmland growing sugarcane. Another thing about this particular field is that it is where I drove the car off the road when I was sitting in my dad's lap steering the car. Whoops.

Old bridge over a river. My dad had a farm here once. Well, it's on the other side of this bridge but I can't take a picture because there is a new bridge being constructed on that side. I had swum in this river when I was a kid. Once in a while my dad or my uncle would have bananas (the tree, not the fruit) chopped down and we'd float around on them.

I went down this way expecting to find my uncle's old farm. He'd sold it a few years ago. It was the one place I had taken a ride with my brothers and cousins and we slept overnight at their place on the farm. I have not used my bike to ride to any other place and slept over, nor does it look like I will be able to in the future. My wife does not ride, and my daughter says riding bikes is my thing, not her thing... I didn't raise her right. Anyway, instead of a farm all I saw is this big four lane road going I don't know where. My uncle had sold his farm a few years ago and I don't recognize the place anymore.

That is all.