View Single Post
Old 11-27-22, 01:02 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by denis_987
I always ride with a mirror and a Garmin Radar. I have read the warning for Mexico from the Canadian gorvernment. Tamaulipas and Nuevo León are some of the many many (14 of 32) states to "avoid non-essential.travel" . When I cross check the states with the map and my route, I can see that except for Tamaulipas, all others states that I will cross are not on the list. I will be 4 to 5 days in Tamaulipas, so I will stick to national roads and ride only during day and will stay in hotels for those nights.
Good on the mirror. While the Canadian govt warnings just have some merit to them, I'm sure I've biked through places not recommended, but they were fine.
Yes, riding only in day and generally just using common sense , is for the best.
JUst be really on the ball.
What travel experience do you have?
How is your Spanish?
My wife has done a bike trip in Mexico once, with a supported group, in a state that was not recommended, and all was fine.
I highly recommend reading some crazy guy trip journals, ideally with some recent ones, to get a better idea of what you are getting yourself into.
Again, don't hesitate to ask specific questions to those of us with experience riding in Mexico.