View Single Post
Old 01-27-23, 09:41 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
Cataract surgery

I had my long overdue eye check up yesterday. It has been 4 years and at age 71 I know I should go every years. My eyes have been getting noticeably worse. Anyway the doc said may cataracts were a "2". He said they operate at a "2", but since I wasn't complaing about night driving problems and he could still correct to 20/20 with glasses he said we should wait and most likely operate next year or the following one, but make the call as needed.

I probably could have pushed for the surgery and if I want it next year I am sure all I need to do is say I am bothered by halos while night driving and to be fair that is a judgement call. So my question for those who have had cataract surgery is, would you get it as soon as it seems prudent or put it off as long as you can still have 20/20 vision with glasses and manage to drive at night without too much difficulty.

I suspect, that my opthomologist will lean on me pretty hard to get the surgery when the cataracts get to a "3", he can't correct to 20/20 wth glasses, or I ***** anout difficulty driving at night. Until one of those things happen I think I can probably make the call either way with his blessing. I am set for this year since I just spent a small fortune (well about $1k) on regular and sport glasses, but am considering what I might do next year if I am still about the same.