Old 08-05-21, 07:52 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by autonomy
left the house at 6am, Got home at like 11
didn't really plan to go to Edgartown from Aquinnah - wife thought it was just a couple miles away from Chilmark instead of 15), so it was a heck of a slog to get there. Then a mad sunset dash to get on the 2nd to last ferry (amazing to be on the top deck in the dark, could even see the Milky Way), and then biking in the dark (good thing I brought a light) back to the car - so add another ~6 miles RT to the bike parking lot.completely beat but with memories!
wow, that's a long day, I would never do that, hehe
yeah I was thinking OB to Aquinnah, but I had recently had a good time with 25ish miles so I planned a similar ride. Google maps is my friend
on more than 1 occasion we've missed a ferry at either VH or OB & had to do a mad scramble bike ride to the other port. we never get to the ferry early. wutz up w/ that?
so you don't take the dreaded shuttle bus w/ your bike? the shuttle bus is so much fun, NOT

waiting to board

always fun to get away. last October we took the car. no food service. in June I got my beer & hot dogs. this trip no food service, ugh. but it's always good to get away

Likes For rumrunn6: