Old 12-01-22, 07:46 AM
rapattack

Bikes: EziGo zoom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Trailer hitch issue

The hitch I have is increasingly problematic. I had to use (something else) or adapt it around the seat post. the original part that goes around the seat post is not wide enough. My bike is a folding e bike. So I put something around the seat post that I had in my tool box full stop it worked for a little while but then it started to want to sag down where the second part is of the hitch. Also the red plastic part seems to have worn a little bit on one side maybe from the occasional times the trailer has tipped over and disengaged from the hitch full stop at the moment I have something underneath the part of the hitch that would have said down and that's kind of working for now but it's plastic so who knows how long that will hold it up. I didn't put it there for that purpose. It has another purpose and I've only done one ride since so who knows if that's going to work long-term or not. I chose not to have another type of trailer because the motor on a folding e bike is in the back wheel. the advice that I have gotten is that it puts too much pressure on the motor to have it there. And the previous trailer that I had a couple of years ago I broke the motor by hauling bricks. Yes I know I was being a twit. that was nearly a decade ago and a different ebike. so not sure if anybody is got any advice on how to adapt this in a better way. I wish I knew somebody that was maybe a welder to rig up something but I don't know anything like that living in a city. I live in Australia