View Single Post
Old 01-23-23, 12:47 PM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
The textured brake track on Enve rims is extremely effective. Also, I don't ride the road in the rain, so wet breaking concerns aren't concerns for me. I'm not sure what you mean by "super tight" related to the bars. This bike fits me very comfortably, including the SQLabs seat.
Good to know about the Enve brake track--the carbon rim brake wheels I used circa 2015 were terrifying dry or wet. And I live in the mountains and I'm 195-200 pounds, so heat buildup is a big concern of mine as well. If I lived somewhere flat and dry, and I was 150 pounds, I wouldn't think twice. For the "tight" bars, I'm talking about how the drop portion is very vertical and short, I'm not sure I could get the palm of my hand on there. And the sq-lab saddle, oof. I've tried one and didn't like it at all, it kinda pitched me forward on my soft bits.

But anyways--those are personal things, the bike looks good, I just wouldn't ride it like it is.

Originally Posted by Shadco
Did you miss the part about waiting for stem and spacers to finalize cables and hoses? Those just gave me space to run the cables and hoses.

Ah, didn't understand your first post. So you just put a ton of spacers on to get the cables in there. I thought you had put it in your approximate spot before you trimmed the steerer.
Likes For Phatman: