Old 08-28-20, 10:07 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Hi, @HPL. That bike is a "street fixed gear". You'll likely get more info posting in the Singlespeed / Fixed Gear forum: https://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/

Also, this thread is more for people showing their training and racing bikes and talking about them. Not really about ID'ing bikes.

My 2 cents: It's a budget aluminum street fixie that's been beat to heck. Probably cost less than $500 new. Worth much, much less now.
Thank you for the response. Sorry for throwing it in this mix. I had no idea what it was, I also thought it was a "street" bike, but it seemed odd to have an "aero" design seat tube. My frames which are similar (but not track), are 80s TT bikes having "recessed" seat tubes, but still lugged conjunctions and round tubes. Again, thanks for confirming my suspicions. I won't waste anymore time myself, just trying to educate myself and another. I will post the Mertens if it is appropriate here (I'm too beat up and old to seriously race anymore). Generally, I'm posting in the C&V forum for road bikes. Sorry if I overstepped my boundaries.

Last edited by HPL; 08-30-20 at 12:28 AM.