Old 06-01-21, 07:31 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1205:

Threw my back out on Saturday. Spent most of the three-day weekend sitting in a chair, immobile. I don't handle being idle very well. When my wife suggests, "Let's watch a movie!" I cringe inside because I can't think of very many things less interesting than sitting still for a couple hours in front of the TV.

So by today I was going stir crazy. My back is still hurting but I had to do something different. Through a combination of tenacity and stupidity, I climbed on the bike and rode to work.

Getting on and off the bike is painful. Pushing the pedals hard is painful. Hills are painful. Bumps are painful. But pedaling slow and steady was bearable. I made it to the client's office. I did break down and take the elevator rather than climb the three flights of stairs to where my desk is located.

Scheduled to ride 22 miles today total. At least the weather is extremely nice today: mid 70s, sunny and hardly any wind.