Old 10-01-21, 10:22 AM
groovestew

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
The nice fall weather continues, for now at least. Chilly, but otherwise sunny and calm.

Ask anyone in Edmonton what the best feature of the city is, and 9 out of 10 will answer the river valley. It really is the jewel of the city - over 18,000 acres of continuous natural and developed parkland, one of the largest urban parks in the world. Autumn is really spectacular. @Tundra_Man's avatar sings a song in which he ruefully pines about having never been to Boston in the fall. Well, I've been to Boston in the fall, and it's got nothing on Edmonton. So the other day when I was heading home, I crested a small rise in the trail and was treated to an incredible vista of a portion of the valley, resplendent in autumn colour ("Solomon in all his splendor..." and all that). So I stopped to snap a photo...and it kinda sucked. Life is too short to take pictures with a phone. The uber-wide angle lens squashes the background to nothing, and it really doesn't reflect what I saw with my own eyes. I post it here anyway.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Last edited by groovestew; 10-01-21 at 03:35 PM. Reason: trying to sound smart, but ended up sounding stupid.
Likes For groovestew: