Old 01-06-22, 06:33 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
My wife is an RN/Manager in an immediate care. Their patient load is 200% their normal load. All covid. Few hospitalizations. Most are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic. Only reason most are there is so they can get tested for school, work, travel, etc. as there are no home tests available and most testing facilities here are out of tests.

So she's "exposed" or at risk of exposure with 60-120 patients a day. 80-90% are testing positive. ....but.... we decided to go to a PSIMET co-worker's house to spend new years with those two and 2 of our friends who were back visiting from Iceland. Had a blast. Icelandic friends call 2 days later, "our entry test show we are both positive."

It's been so mild for so many that most of us have either already had it or have passed it through. My wife took 2 tests and rapids are negative and waiting on the PCR from her work. Regardless we are 6 days from exposure without major symptoms.. for all we know we gave it to them.

If Omicron has burned through us then let me say it was nothing compared to some of the original Covid strains. The one we had in Nov 2020 messed me up bad. This... I haven't missed a beat if I have even had it. Spending the entire New Year's Eve sitting right next to my buddy - laughing and talking all freaking night though and he has it? Yeah I either had it and gave it to him or he gave it to me as there was no way that was being avoided. In either case if I in fact had it then it wasn't anything remarkable...for me. Lets hope its non-remarkable for as many people as possible.

I think the best we can hope for at this point is the pop and drop like South Africa. No one is avoiding this one unless they can truly avoid all human contact of any kind. IMHO of course.

Likes For Psimet2001: