Old 01-25-22, 02:27 PM
gpburdell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
you jumped onto my post where I was making fun of the idea that there's a single right answer to what frame material to implicitly criticize OP for posting about bikes that were different in other respects. I still don't get what your point was with that comment, I'm just certain I don't care.
Is this what you're talking about?
Originally Posted by gpburdell
There's also the part where there are more differences between the cited bicycle models than just the frame material.
That wasn't directed at the OP, and it wasn't criticizing OP for posting about bikes with other differences.

It was an amused comment on how laser-focused the discussion had become while ignoring other stuff that might also be important to the OP.

I have no idea how or why you had a different idea as to my meaning.

The OP is in the same spot I found myself several months ago. Finding I was doing a lot more road riding on an older hardtail/hybrid. Deciding to buy a road bike. Trying to understand the differences between some of the models and what might be a good path to take. I looked at the Domane AL & SL, as well as Spesh Roubaix. Although I didn't specifically ride the AL5, I did ride others and ended up choosing the SL5 - for various reasons, and not just the frame material.

Given the parallels, why on earth would I have anything negative to say about the OP's situation???