View Single Post
Old 06-15-21, 05:16 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked 2,136 Times in 558 Posts
I got out for about 35 miles, starting up the Tunnel Rd. climb mentioned a few posts above. Then I headed down Pinehurst Rd. toward Moraga before looping back to Berkeley via Wildcat Canyon. Pinehurst is a fun but steep and technical descent. Road condition is starting to get choppy and there was some dirt on the road, so I took it easy. I stopped at this switchback for a photo. Look close and you'll see the turkey doing hill repeats.

At the bottom of the descent, the road winds through a beautiful, lush canyon road that is lined by a stream and redwoods. One of my favorite local stretches of road. Today, there were lots of ladybugs in the air as well.

Took a short dirt bypass trail in Moraga.

Unfortunately, I broke my chain about 6 miles from home. I've been thinking this chain may be due for replacement. It's a sweet hollow-pin Regina superleggero chain. I've had it mounted on my LOOK since 2008--and it wasn't new when I installed it either. I tried to fix it on the road, but no luck. Although I was still about 6 miles from home, almost all of it was downhill, so I only had to walk a few hundred meters here and there between coasting.

Time to wash the hands.

Last edited by gaucho777; 06-15-21 at 06:16 PM.