View Single Post
Old 06-16-21, 02:06 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
I've been off BF for a while, busy then away on vacation for two weeks. Today I rode instead of working. No grand and glorious vistas, but a nice bucolic ride, 44.78 miles through rural and rural-ish residential roads.

Today's adventure was on the French sweetie, my PF10, nee FPN10, i.e. with sewups instead of the original clinchers. That's my longest ride so far this year.

Lunch at Heart Pond, Chelmsford, a non-drive-side shot just to be ornery:

Here a DS shot on a bridge in Great Brook Farm State Park, Carlisle:

I stopped for a breather in Concord on the way back to the car.

See that rotary (called a circle in some parts of the country)? I saw a near collision involving a stooopid driver with California plates on his car

See the Rotary sign, the one with the arrows in a circle and which says "Keep Right"? Despite this sign, a No Left Turn (not visible to the right of that picture), and the obvious layout of the pavement, the California driver who apparently wasn't reading or was so overwhelmed by the historic-ness of the place, tried to turn left to enter the rotary traffic in a clockwise direction just as a car was coming around the rotary. Horns got honked. No one was injured in the making of this story, and no cars were harmed. A few feathers were ruffled however. Despite the 20mph speed limit here it is a dangerous intersection!