johnnyace 
Le savonnier

Bikes: I can count 'em on one hand

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 274 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
See that rotary (called a circle in some parts of the country)? I saw a near collision involving a stooopid driver with California plates on his car.

See the Rotary sign, the one with the arrows in a circle and which says "Keep Right"? Despite this sign, a No Left Turn (not visible to the right of that picture), and the obvious layout of the pavement, the California driver who apparently wasn't reading or was so overwhelmed by the historic-ness of the place, tried to turn left to enter the rotary traffic in a clockwise direction just as a car was coming around the rotary. Horns got honked. No one was injured in the making of this story, and no cars were harmed. A few feathers were ruffled however. Despite the 20mph speed limit here it is a dangerous intersection!
Ahhh, nothing endears folks in other states to California drivers more than said California drivers carrying on like idiots in our states. Saw two of them today DWI (Driving While Idiots) and one very dangerous one yesterday, in a Porsche 911, doing about 75 mph in a 35 mph zone, who almost rear-ended me because I changed lanes (I know, how rude of me!), and he zoomed up behind me, also changing lanes.

They need to re-institute the Oregon Border Patrol, to keep them crazies at bay...

Likes For johnnyace: