Old 11-08-21, 12:17 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
Today I cleaned my tires and realized they were a lot more used than I thought. The back one is definitively shot - it's squared off and I can see what looks like metal wires at 2-3 small spots. Front one is still OK, but it's starting to square off and thread wear indicators are close to gone. I guess I could get another 500-1000kms out of it if I'm lucky.

Schwalbe claims they have a 4000-5000kms lifespan so I got what's expected, but I was wondering if some of you had had more luck than me. I read that some of us can get a lot more than that.

I'm a medium heavy rider (175lbs) and I'm guessing weight is my worst enemy when it comes to tire wear given that I ride 99% of the time on paved roads in very good condition with almost no debris on the shoulder. The compound is the Addix-Race. Tires are 28mm wide and mounted tubeless on 19.4mm internal width rims. They are inflated at 70PSI back & front before each ride.

Overall, I loved them. I will definitively buy them again for next season as soon as they come back in stock at my LBS.
I've ridden them on two occasions on my road bike. They ride well and they hold up decently for a performance tire. I had them in a 28c on my road bike and I currently have them on my gravel bike at 30c (which is on pavement most of the time time this year). But I'll tell you this - the Vittoria Corsa Control 2.0's are noticeably better in both wear and perceived rolling resistance. If I could have found some in 30c, those would have gone on the gravel bike a month ago instead of the Pro1's but seems they're impossible to find now due to supply chain issues.

I'm 200lbs and I ride the 28c at 68/70psi front to back and the 30c at 58/60.