Old 08-08-22, 08:42 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3147 Post(s)
Liked 1,712 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
I also love the Pro Ones, but I find it a little intense for a tire to become squared-off after only 3000kms (1800 miles!). I mean, I am not a heavy rider at all and they're always inflated to the proper pressure before each ride.

Were the Power Road TLR discontinued this year? Because I see them everywhere in stock online. With my hookless rims, I am restricted into what rubber I can safely use. The Power Road is tested & approved. The Power Cup isn't. I bet they are just as safe, but I'd rather not take the risk or eating tarmac at 70km/h because of a blow-out.
Yeah, I think the Power Cup launch was this past Spring, hitting the press in March (e.g. https://road.cc/content/tech-news/mi...ad-tyre-290961), so I’m not surprised there’s still inventory around. A quick glimpse at a Google search results shows really low— like single digit quantities— on the tires, esp. 25mm, so you might want to move to buy sooner rather than later.

The hookless scene…that’s a hot mess, so I agree you’re wise to seek an expressed “ok” from the rim maker. Due to my weight and width limitations on my roadies, I can’t run a tire width where that general 72psi max limit for hookless would work, so I’ve just not been paying attention to hookless at all.