Old 10-27-22, 05:08 PM
SirLeaflock

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Priority Classic Plus Gotham-Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Stroudy
Today we took out the Yuba compact for a test ride - A long tail cargo electric bike. My wife’s seating position on the pannier rack was too low even with the seating pad.
`
Are there any market available seating options that could fit on the rack that would elevate the seating position for an adult passenger on a cargo long tail E bike?

or perhaps there is another long tail cargo bike that would solve this problem?

thanks
What's your main purpose for the bike? A Surly Big Easy is the easy (and expensive) answer to your question. It uses 26" wheels and I'm guessing has a longer wheelbase. Strapping on a few folded towels could work. If your wife is closer to 120+ pounds than 100, I'd suggest adapting to the shorter seating position if you're stuck on a long tail. If taking her as a passenger is a bonus of having a cargo bike, I'd focus on your cargo and storage needs first. If riding together is the primary goal and a tandem isn't appropriate, I'd suggest a front loader, especially depending on weight. My experience is riding a Big Dummy and while I'm extremely satisfied with it, it's not exactly a relaxing ride once the weight gets serious. I've had around 135-140 lbs of people on the back, and more often almost a weeks worth of groceries for six, sometimes with a kid also for 4ish miles. I assume the pace that e-assist would allow might make things smoother, but just doesn't seem like the best fit.