Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by jma1st3r
​​​​​​Thats why others want you look at the whole picture. Bike size isnt just toptube.

Go to bikeinsights.com and you can compare bike size difference.

It doesnt have nishiki listed but i would find relative similar bike frame and go from there.

​​​​​​diy bike fit in general requires good body awareness with moderate effort pedaling(as was recommended to me), kind like mild stress test to see if its good for you.

Disclaimer: If you arent doing long endurance ride, as long as bike is comfortable, that is good enough.

​​​​

​​​​​​
To summarize very briefly, I think that other than stack and reach, you'd want to consider the chainstay length, and consequently how slack or steep the seat tube angle is. Then you'll get factors such as the head tube angle paired with fork rake and the way this affects trail. These are probably the main variables other than top tube and stem length which dictate the way you are balance over the bike.

i think that handling response would mainly be dictated by how low i can reasonably and comfortably I can get low on the bike. Tire and rim diameter would be another big factor other than the stem or frame itself. I think I will fit really well onto the bike with the 130mm stem I am planning to get.

The way you ride will have a big impact on weight distribution. When I am riding quickly, keeping my weight out of the saddle and into the cranks as I pedal really helps with weight distribution and can make you go quite fast without spending much more energy. I try to avoid riding with my weight in the saddle because it's not as stable or efficient.