View Single Post
Old 08-15-21, 07:56 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
Funny you would mention this. I lived in a town on a river that was popular for canoeists. I bought myself a canoe and inquired about the canoe racks near the public marina, and was told that if there is a space I am welcome to use it, but it is acknowledged that the canoes left on the rack are often borrowed by others in the town, and if I ever go to the rack and my canoe is not there, come back in an hour or two and it will have been returned. I kept my canoe there for about three summers, and there were I think two occasions that my canoe wasn't there when I looked, but was always returned by the next time I checked.

I have no problem with this arrangement. It carries a small cost, but a far bigger benefit to the community as a whole.
Your insistence that any private property is solely for the enjoyment of the owners of the property, and any others deriving enjoyment are committing a crime, is sad and leading to an objectively worse community.
And many property owners, myself included, disagree with you. My residence has no or few 'trespassers' because it isn't near a trail or a convenient cut-through to anywhere, but my recreational property is regularly visited by strangers, and I have no ability or reason to try to stop them - they aren't harming anyone and, except for maybe sometimes a few extra ashes in the fire pit, generally leave no trace, and it doesn't bother me.
It is called trespassing.

Your refusal to accept common law is rather sad, too.

I don't want to live in your world.