Old 04-03-22, 03:54 PM
Zdawg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
There's no such thing as a bicycle too heavy to hop

Originally Posted by hotlantahim5
no tricks. just wanna haul ass through town, and jump a curb if i am in a jam.. but that part is important so it can't be too heavy, or the geometry is off... if i gotta hop, i GOTTA hop. i'm getting older but i am strong and want the option to manhandle if needed. if that makes sense. don't want a track bike i can't pop
As demonstrated by Seth from Berm Peak, there isn't really a bike that's too heavy to hop. Seth is a #shortking and was still bunny-hopping a MTB with WATER IN THE TUBES?!! So a standard track bike won't hold you back at all. It's all in the rider's skills when it comes to whether you'll be able to bunny hop your bike.
​​​​​​

Originally Posted by Rage
If you really want a trick-track bike, it might be worth it to try and source a volume cutter or thrasher. The cutter might be easier to find. I still ride a volume cutter v1 that has been beat to heck and back and am still very much enamored with it.
I love those volume framesets! They were the precursor to today's FGFS but still had that oh-so-sweet horizontal top tube. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Thrasher is the later and improved model with shorter chain stay, right?