View Single Post
Old 04-12-22, 08:08 PM
Get.Schwifty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Find a Veloce or Mirage triple crankset, bottom bracket and front derailleur - would need the long cage rear also ( Campagnolo also made a groupset called the Racing T but Racing T parts might be a wallet shocker - or maybe not

Perhaps not the most demonstrative photo OP, but this rig is wearing Veloce triple components - note the itty bitty 3rd chainwheel on there and the long rear derailleuer

After thorough searching, this would be as close as I could get to a comfortable hill climber. If a triple crankset would bolt straight on, I'd honestly be all about it. But the BB gives me pause (cost, effort, risk/reward).

My 26t cassette arrived in the mail and fit my freewheel perfectly (it was a gamble). You'd think there'd be a 28t Miche cog (or a knockoff) somewhere for a few bucks. There's some Swiss firm that does old-school sprockets for Campagnolo, but guess what old-school is to them? 9-10s (and Camp's esoteric weirdness means the spline pattern is all different).

I'm at peace with 13-26 rear and 39-53 front. I'll roll a gravel bike with a 1:1 setup if I start to doubt my commitment. For old man Bianchi though, I'm gonna try to tough it out.