View Single Post
Old 07-05-21, 03:59 PM
grizzly907la
Grouchy Old man

Bikes: Diamond Back Insight 2, Gravity Basecamp mountain bike, GMC Denali Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
Bruh, I weigh over 200lbs and had 23s on my Roadtech. Eff them, I'll be a Kent Paria with you. I traded my friend a trek hybrid for his Denali, to reclaim the greatness of my Roadtech. I need to finish stripping the paint off of it. Probably take a pound or two off, I think it's enamel, aircraft stripper barelly touched it. My Roadtech was as light as a 90 World Tourist, with my mods. Got pics on IG.
I happily be a Kent Pariah with you. The Roadtech is the Denali's little bother in a fashion. I can take a Denali frame and turn it into an awesome entry level road bike for $300...easy. The Roadtech is essentially the same frame but with a different paint and slightly better components. I contemplated taking off the stickers, but I am going to keep them because I know it triggers the hardcore bike snobs (no I am not saying that everyone who hates on the Denali is a bike snob.)

I had a similar problem with a frame I've stripped down. I had to leave the stripper on for a couple of hours, took a metal brush to it, reapplied it to the spots that didn't come off. I am going to feather down the rest of the spots that didn't come off. You could feather the old finish down, and prime over it.