Old 07-28-21, 01:30 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Altair 4
I'm going to wait until next year. I'm not too keen on how this is all unfolding right now - delta variant, Border Services strike, etc. Also leaves me wondering how welcoming will Canadians be? It's such a strange time!
The tourist industry will be welcoming because they are desperate for your dollars. Still you might meet individuals that are not.
You guys still haven't opened up for us. Oh well maybe next year.

From the sounds of it Border Services haven't figured out how to handle vaccine verification and covid testing. Long line ups at airport entry points for returning Canadians.
It is still a couple of weeks before Americans will be allowed. Add a strike and It probably isn't worth the wait.

Last time I crossed the border was January 2020, pre pandemic, at Coutts/Sweetgrass, to pick up a bike frame that I had shipped to the border. The US was in some kind of budget crisis
so there was only one lane open, on the major Alberta/Montana crossing, which is of huge commercial importance.It was about 45 minutes waiting in line to get through, the border agent was a bit of a jerk (they all are), and the return trip took 5 min. including paying a GST fee on the frame.

Good luck if you go.