Old 08-06-21, 06:05 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Really disappointing weeknight worlds. I was feeling good and ready to roll. It was a solid group but the typical Cat 1/2 guys who just blow it up all the time weren't there. So it was going to be time to try to put a hurting on some folks.

And...........flat tire at the first stop light headed out of town. They didn't stop. Not what I was looking forward to.

I was close enough and it leaked slow enough I rolled it back to the car the 2 miles.

For some reason I had the TT bike in the back of the car and had the roadie on the back rack. So literally just tossed the saddle bag, Varia, and gps onto the TT bike changed shoes and rolled off.

Wound up catching and passing the B group at some point.

Good pace, good workout, but it did get warmer than forecast. High was supposed to be 85, it was more like 88. TT bike was not setup in training mode with the hydration kit..........so bottles in the jersey back.

Just wasn't what I wanted. Hard to judge my power from the ride given the stops and other annoyances. I mean, it was close to my 40k power but the terrain and ride is just such that you're up/down and around and stop start and farting around a touch to do the route.

Whatever, I rode a bike. There's that.
Likes For burnthesheep: