Old 03-10-22, 09:21 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6199 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
How does lower stack give you toe strikes? A larger frame will typically have longer cranks so that will give you more chance for toe strikes regardless of stack height.

Get the stem and try it out. When I went from a 100 mm stem to a 70 mm stem the first ride out was a twitchy experience, especially when getting to places where crosswinds grabbed my wheel. But you get used to it and learn to compensate and then it's no more worse or bad for you. However I never did feel the same confidence on downhill twisty roads until a few months later when my narrower handlebars came in. As soon as I put them on, it seemed that I had better feed back and control for those downhill twisty roads.

None of that was anything massively annoying and nothing to any unsafe degree. But you will notice something and it will take some time for you to simply get use to that new feedback you are getting.

edit...

Oh, toe strikes....... do you mean toe interference? Toe strikes are what happen with the pavement. At least to me they are.

Last edited by Iride01; 03-10-22 at 09:24 AM.