View Single Post
Old 03-10-22, 11:07 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10970 Post(s)
Liked 7,497 Times in 4,193 Posts
Originally Posted by qwaalodge
For the sake of argument if I bought the "right frame size" that is I'm not over-reaching, the bike would feel too low due to stack and I'll have issues with toe overlap. The bikes I bought over the years always came with 170mm crank which is correctly sized for me and I'm comfortable with.
What now? Bike have varying geometey- not all bikes in the same size will have the same stack and reach.

The Specialized Diverge, Roubaix, and Tarmac are all drop bar bikes from Specialized and all have different geometry.
In the Size 54...
- Diverge has 578mm of stack and 383mm of reach
- Roubaix has 585mm of stack and 376mm of reach
- Tarmac has 544mm of stack and 384mm of reach

You still haven't given details on you or your bike- measurements and geometey/size and model.
If you have some goofy geometey fixie, then maybe it doesn't fit, as has been suggested.
If you have arms that are short due to a medical issue or back flexibility issues AND your bike actually does have a tall stack with short reach, then maybe a super short stem plus short reach bars(suggested earlier) is all you can do, unless you want to go custom.