Old 01-24-16, 04:36 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
yup - right there with you, first thing I noticed about that photo- can't name another high-level sprinter using anything that wide. There's gains to be made there.
I think it was Robert Förstemann (or one of the Germans) that went back to using 40-ish centimeter bars for man 1 team sprint. At least that's where I noticed them. Maybe for other events, too.

Originally Posted by queerpunk
it's always funny to see people come back to a discipline after some gear standards have changed. Wiggins was using track drops for madisons in recent months, too.

also notable is that though Bos was on a Cervelo - consistent with his trade team sponsorship but not an ideal sprint bike for sure - during, i believe, Dutch national champs, he was back on a more sprint-appropriate national team Koga for these Revolution races.
As I recall, Bos was involved in the design of that frame (after (or during) all of the BT/KOGA intellectual property drama).

Originally Posted by JimiMimni
...Also, Bos is just leagues ahead of those boys, isn't he?
I take all results and times from 6-days with a grain of salt. It's entertainment.

The crowd wanted Bos to win...Bos won. Same thing happened with Cav when he did his 6-day tour after winning the road World Championship.

It would have been pretty anti-climactic if Bos came in last wouldn't it?