View Single Post
Old 09-21-19, 06:30 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian25
Thank you for all of your perspectives. To clarify: For those who guessed that I do not drink, You would be right. I just don't any urge to drink while out on tour. Actually, the last beer that I had was back in March.
For those who guessed that I go grocery shopping for lentils and go sneak/ bush camping for the night, you are pretty close. I am actually more likely to eat Mac and cheese. (It turns out that I am allergic to hotels)
I tried warm showers and had pretty bad luck. A lot of those people have moved, but not deleted their listing. A lot of them do not return calls. Attempts to success ratio seems to be about 10 to 1. Feels like a wall.
And... Unfortunately, sometimes it IS, over whelming for the hosts, the amount of people who want to stay… and... I go to, NOT available… BUT, if you don't, then you may start to ignore requests, and fail in the whole "purpose",.. Of the "spirit" of the warm showers, " the purpose of the common good"... Like I said, my experience with warm showers as a host has been 100% FANTASTIC... I have never been a guest, Yet,...

EDIT; I/We, the wife and I, still have people from "France, England, Switzerland, Spain, Brazil, Italy, and Canada, who still contact us over, 5+ years now, and as the years go by, they, are sill saying come on by, we will show you around "If you are ever, anywhere near here, they will put us up for free".. Years and years... of contact... WOW, I actually ended up in a PUBLISHED book about life in different places, written by a traveler from England, (With a picture of me fishing, and catching fish)…

Last edited by 350htrr; 09-21-19 at 06:59 PM.