View Single Post
Old 09-29-20, 11:09 AM
CampioneDeCasa

Bikes: Bianchi Brava, Bianchi Vittoria, Framed Savona, Lotus Eclair, Lotus Aero Sport, Trek Marlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Funny Story

A few years ago, I had some perhaps, overly ambitious ideas about the steel road bike I was going to build, and had picked up an early 80s road bike to build up later without doing any research on it. Turns out, it's super hard to find good information on the company, BCA anywhere other than this forum, so that's what brought me here the first time.

The BCA 1000 ST was, in retrospect, almost built to be a trap for people with anecdotal knowledge of bikes, like the model name being so close to the Miyata touring bike of legend, right along with a super cheap Taiwanese knock off of the Arabesque called Shaino 800, and they even tried to mimic the detail on the shifters. Thing rode like a newborn giraffe. Anyway, lots of reading later, I was actually excited to get something that was actually equipped with the real deal 600. I actually drove out to look at it thinking it was an '83 and equipped with the first run of the Deore groupset, but clearly wasn't the case.

And damn dude, got hit by a car? It's staggering how often cyclists casually mention getting hit by cars. Hope you're doing well, and good luck on the hunt for a bike! Stores are cleaned out, but I have a feeling all the well intentioned folks that bought shiny new bikes this year and never rode them will be finding their way into the used market soon enough. Any brands or models catching your eye in particular?