Old 07-17-19, 06:44 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 769:

Got up at 5:30 like usual to go out for my morning walk/run. Was preparing when I looked at the radar and saw a huge storm front moving in. It wasn't raining at the moment, but I guesstimated that if I went for a walk it would hit some time while I was out, and then I would have to ride to work through the brunt of the storm.

So I decided to head to the client's office early and hopefully beat the rain. I packed my running gear so I could fit my exercise in over lunch.

Well, it kind of worked. The storm arrived sooner than I had anticipated. It was starting to rain as I rolled out of the garage, and by the time I reached the client's office I was thoroughly drenched. About 10 minutes after I arrived, however, the skies completely unleashed so at least I beat the heavier part of the rain. We've gotten enough rain that once again they just issued a flash flood warning. I've lost count of how many of those we've had this year.

The nice thing about arriving at the client's office an hour before everyone else is there isn't anyone around to see me walk in looking like a wet dog, and I had plenty of time to dry off and change into nice clothes before being noticed. Although pretty much everyone here is now used to me coming in drenched, either with rain or sweat, so it wouldn't have raised any eyebrows.

As I was watching the big part of the storm through the office window it occurred to me that I forgot to turn off my lawn sprinklers this morning. Oops.