Old 05-19-20, 12:51 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 4,586 Times in 1,764 Posts
Thank you for all the kind remarks. Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by thinktubes
10kg - that's about 9 pounds - right?

Great looking bike! Love retrofriction.
Correct.

I love the retrofrictions too, but they weigh 72 grams, which equals about 5 pounds, so they may have to go.

Originally Posted by Wildwood
to lose 200gms, lightweight tubular rims with racing silks not wider than 20mm.

the caveat is: ... weight weenie successes may detract from one's touring vacation enjoyment. (...)
I'll stick to clinchers for that very reason. It's not just a vanity exercise, I want to really ride this bike in France and Italy as soon as COVID-19 rules permit.

Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman
Man! My weeniest bike is a little over 10kg and only a 59cm. And not even thinking about having fenders. Nice build!
That is why I like those old Bluemels. Yes they are vulnarable, but they do what they're supposed to do and weigh next to nothing.

Originally Posted by Narhay
Really nice, your parts bin build is looking like your bin is on the top shelf. I have a set of those CLB brakes but in red font. The cane creek hoods fit fine on the levers. I hear one of the kool stop pad insert styles can also fit into the CLB pad holders but I dont know which one.
About those CLB's, I knew they are light (you kinda can't have missed that after 10 years of BF C&V ), but what I hadn't picked up is how nice and solid they feel. And the braking performance - with what I think are the original pads - is really, really good. No reason for Koolstops.

Originally Posted by SurferRosa
The phrase "drill, baby, drill" comes to mind.
Ah, yes. Speaking of vanity, I wouldn't mind being considered the Low Countries continental touring version of Alf Engers:

Likes For non-fixie: