Old 02-03-22, 01:46 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
That's nerve pain. There are sensory and motor. Sensory damage is numb, tingling, burning, electrical zapping feeling and even just some air blowing on it hurts like hell. Motor nerve damage is weakness like you can't pick up a coffee cup weakness or very weak grip.

\
Absolutely correct. Full disclosure I'm NOT a neurologist but my extensive interaction with several top docs at UCLA & UCI while seeking treatment for severe case of Bell's Palsey taught me alot about nerve disorders. I'm fairly certain that CrowSeph's maladies are a direct result of (unintentional) nerve damage during surgery. They can manifest pain in several ways depending on the severity of the damage e.g. burning, aching, extreme sensitivity, painful response to a non-painful stimulus etc. Damaged nerves essentially have to heal themselves. Sometimes healing is full, partial or absent. A damaged nerve sheath can also result in "cross-wiring" (for lack of a better term) in which different nerves re-connect. Example in my case eating spicy food results in a runny nose and tearing (left side only). Some of my facial muscles move when I intend to move an adjacent muscle.
This is one of the last frontiers of medical science and as other posters have noted often time is the only healer you just have to stay as healthy as possible and keep your fingers crossed.
Best wishes,
WEst