Old 01-15-23, 02:02 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Downtown Toronto has lots of ring-and-post bike racks, almost on every block. It's hit and miss in the suburbs.

My gym has those jail bar type of racks. So I lock my bike on the big iron supporting column right next to it because the top horizontal bar of the bike rack is too low for my wheel. Not only that too many racks only allow enough room for the front wheel. My bike has a back rack. I like to be able to secure my rear wheel along with the bike frame. A few of my bikes have quick release wheels so locking the front wheel only is not an option.

The Home Depot and Canadian Tire I go to has those wavy racks that I can use because they don't have any top restrictions.

And then there used to be a bike shop where the rack wasn't even bolted down. I asked the store why and they said that at the end of the day, they can bring the rack into the shop and lock up.

Another bike store has a sign on the window inviting you to bring your bike in. But inside, the only place to put your bike is to lean it somewhere like a product display table. So I just lock it outside on a ring-post rack.

Last edited by Daniel4; 01-15-23 at 02:08 PM.