View Single Post
Old 02-02-23, 09:04 AM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 92 Posts
I have the 1st generation Ultegra 6770 Di2 and love how it shifts without any front derailleur chain rub because it auto trims the FD as you shift the RD.

The newer generation electronic shifting have synchronized shifting. You can program it to shift through all your gears with just your right brifter. It’ll find the next higher or lower gear, even if it requires shifting the FD and RD to get to that next gear.

I bought a Yoeleo R12 frame and mechanical groupset but am seriously thinking of buying a SRAM electronic groupset like DaveSSS above. I haven’t built the bike up yet. Decisions, decisions……..

For me, the Synchronized Shifting would allow me to keep pace with a fast pace group with rolling hills. You won’t need to shift your FD and RD manually to find the next higher/lower gear because it’ll find it for you. For those of you using synchronized shifting, what are your opinions?

https://bettershifting.com/di2-synch...omplete-guide/