Old 02-02-23, 03:06 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4350 Post(s)
Liked 3,989 Times in 2,663 Posts
Use Camelbak Podium bottles. I have tried steel bottles for a while and really wanted to love them for cycling but I don't like something I cannot easily get water out of. For me I don't like to stop on most rides to get water. Longer rides yes I am fine with a break but commuting and such I don't have the time to stop and drink and put the cap back on and keep going and really don't want to put my lips on a bottle ever. Camelbak is the way to go. I get the reasons for Klean Kanteens and have a couple and used them frequently but they aren't ideal for cycling even with the sport cap. Great bottles for trekking and other adventuring and certainly daily life but cycling the Camelbak reigns supreme. It doesn't hold any flavors or impart them, they last and last and last and are easy to drink from without touching the lid becuase of all that I really typically just rinse it out and every so often clean the caps or clean the outsides when dirty and I don't like the taste of bad water.