Old 03-31-21, 11:25 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Warmer yesterday. Hookie from work at lunch to TT bike. Man, going to need to heat adapt. HR was up but legs felt good. Did 30mi at 24.2mph on country roads. Nonstop excepting the u-turn.

I put the "triathlon" Trinity front aero bottle onto the bike. I won't run that to race but to train that is nice. It holds a LOT of fluid. Just lean over a hair and drink like an animal. I'll be using that for my personal 50mi workout try this year.

But 24.2mph on mostly flattish not great pavement country road on 225w AP. No disc or 90, no tt helmet, old slower cyclocross suit, huge saddle bag hanging behind seatpost in wind......etc.... I'd say those watts/mph is pretty darn good. I'd bet I'd be at 25mph on the 225w with the disc/90 with race tires and TT helmet and suit. Meaning the 50mi at 25mph should be possible.

It was windy also. Constant cross wind pushing me.

Now, gotta find the power. Need to heat adapt and do some work.

I also reset my ftp in TP. I feel that my stellar one-and-done 20min and 8min range of power still doesn't represent well what my hour power really is. As much as I've worked that long range engine lately, I'm still a lower volume rider that will suffer from a bigger drop off.

So, I while the reset hurts the ego..........you have to do what's right. I can always modify workouts as I do the work.
Likes For burnthesheep: