Old 04-21-21, 08:37 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1177:

The unseasonably cold April continues. Woke up to 21°F with about 1/4" of unexpected snow on the ground.

I was all packed to ride the road bike and didn't feel motivated enough to move everything out of my backpack and into my panniers. Plus my schedule today has me riding about 24 miles and I wanted the speed of the road bike. So I decided to go ahead and just take the road bike. Most of the roads where cars had driven were clear enough of snow. Surprisingly, I had no issues with the skinny road bike tires on some of the spots that were still snow covered. I had to dodge a few icy spots, but overall didn't have any problems.

Saw a ring necked pheasant on the way in. He was sitting on the side of the road and didn't seem too concerned that I passed about 15 feet from him. For being our state bird, it is actually pretty rare I see one let alone this close.