View Single Post
Old 05-15-22, 04:58 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,469 Times in 1,146 Posts
Your question - have I used them? No.

But, you only mentioned rugged, weight and battery life. You said nothing about why you have a phone or how you use it. Is it to occasionally turn on or take out of airplane mode so you can make a call? Or on the opposite extreme is it always on, use it constantly for turn by turn navigation, etc. Or something in between?

If you do not say how you use your phone you are not going to get much advice here that is relevant.

If you are like me, occasionally turn it on to get a weather forecast or make a call, get a low cost android phone that has user replaceable batteries and carry spare batteries. If you want it more rugged, get a good case. I bought this five years ago and have no plans to replace it, probably won't until 4G networks disappear.

So, if you want some good advice, please briefly mention your phone needs.