Old 06-02-22, 02:20 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9656 Post(s)
Liked 6,366 Times in 3,506 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Last season, LSS and I were sailing upwind in sporty conditions, requiring quite a bit of attention and muscle, when a snake suddenly appeared in the cockpit. It was a small, fairly innocent looking thing, but the driver's shriek still rings in my ears. To her credit, she held it together. The creature disappeared into the nether regions of the boat and was never seen again. And believe me, I looked!

When we moved into our previous house there was a large snake residing in the garage and the basement, depending on time of day and temperature. We had a Russian couple in to paint the place and one day he tried to pick it up, thinking it was a rubber model and planning to play a joke on his wife...
During one of our club's big annual regattas, a guy that I raced against arrived at his boat Saturday to find a water moccasin under the pedestal cover in the cockpit. He got that sorted. Then, during the first race of the day, one of his crew fell overboard. He got that sorted. Then, later that same morning, he found that a thru-hull failed and he was taking on water. He quit.